Thursday, April 17, 2008

Growing Basil

Geez, Lisa, are you knitting that again?

Is anyone really surprised? I seem to have acquired a bad rep for knitting the same pattern over and over...two Lady Eleanors, two Koolhaus, two Beatrix, two Clapotis and a handful of Fetchings, Purl Berets, Emily Infant Mitts and baby James Deans. Okay...okay...now that it is catalogued; I am guilty! But sometimes a sure thing is best.

My first Basil was brilliant. Why not repeat brilliance? Easy to remember lace repeats coupled with oh-so-lovely Koigu and you have yourself a winner. And in this case, throw in a little of my other newer fav, Louet's Gem fingering.

I think this may be the last of the major babies in my life for a while...that is until Muffy or Marissa start popping them out (sorry, Mariss, couldn't help myself.) Amy, my dear friend and soror is the mother to be. Once again, continuing a trend, not a girly girly pink person having yet another girl baby. When is someone going to let me knit with pink koigu for a little girl?

My pictures are not doing the yarn adequate justice. Amy and her husband live in Breckenridge, CO and this yarn has all the colors I remember from my visit there. Not traditional baby colors, but I am sure that she is going to love it.

We all cook with Basil. Why not add this recipe to your repertoire?

4 comments:

EmilyG said...

Yummy!

Mariss said...

Well, the way I've seen it, you've only knit 1 pair of Anemoi (?) mittens. If you must, I'll take a pair. LOL.

I'll have a baby for you to knit for one day soon. And you can do an explosion of bubblegum pink to your hearts desire.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes!
I love the blue with the beautiful multi-colored koigu. You can't go wrong with something that feels so nice, especially for babies. :)

Anonymous said...

You'll hear no complaints from me about a pink koigu blanket. I just may have a kid (or act like one) for a Lisa-made baby pink (or blue) basil. No matchy-matchy complaints here.